L-17/7, DLF City – II, Gurugram, India - 122001
Send Message firstname.lastname@example.org
Hot Line 0124 - 4017839
Orthodontic Treatment in gurgaon
You now have orthodontic devices “glued” to your teeth Because we are concerned with your comfort and because we want your orthodontic treatment to progress smoothly and efficiently, we want you to follow these advices. Avoid eating hard and/or sticky foods You orthodontic appliances are NOT indestructible. Jaw muscles are very strong and hard foods can easily transmit heavy forces o the devices on your teeth. This can bend wires and/or cause braces or bands to get “unglued”. Repairing broken orthodontic devices is expensive and the extra device and cost is involved is not predictable and may lengthen the treatment.
1. With the braces, the patient will have little discomfort in eating so it’s advisable to shift to softer diet for few days then go back to your normal diet.
2. Initially patient is having little bit of discomfort which will subside in few days if the patient is having pain then its better to have pain killer as advised by the doctor.
3. It is necessary to brush after every major meal with special orthodontic brush to prevent gum inflammation and new cavities.
Do not eat:
1. Partially popped or un-popped kernels of popcorns
2. Ice, ice cubes or hard frozen things
3. Nuts, peanuts, corns
4. Hard or sticky candies or any kind
5. Meat directly off the bones with your teeth
6. Large hard raw vegetables
7. Hard bread crests or thick or crispy pizza crust
8. Hard and sticky dry fruits, gajaks, almonds
9. Dark chocolate
Do not bite:
1. Directly into crunchy fruit (apples) or ones with pits (cut the up first)
2. Directly into corn on the cob – remove the corn from the cob first
3. Your nails!!! It may cause excessive shortening of tooth roots
Do not chew:
1. On the ends pencils or pens (they have no nutritive value anyway)
2. Gum unless the packaging says that it will not sick to dental work.
If you do break something
PLEASE CALL your doctor. Decay can start under loose orthodontic devices or teeth can move in the wrong directions if things are bent or broken, complication and/or lengthening your orthodontic treatment.